1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Important It's Been an Honour

Discussion in 'Updates & Announcements' started by NobleProductions, Jan 9, 2017.

1. NobleProductions

NobleProductions Network Owner Owner Build Team Lead

100%
    [​IMG]

Hello everyone,

I am here to regretfully inform you all that the Noble Craft Network will be shutting down on the 30th of January 2017.

There are plenty of reasons for this decision, and it has definitely not been made lightly. It is of no surprise that the server has been in a much worse state than it was nearly a year ago. Unfortunately, despite our best efforts to attempt to recover, it has not worked in our favour. With a constantly declining player base and income, being able to afford the bills each month became a huge challenge. Some months, we took heavy losses just to try and keep it going. But again, we were not successful in bringing it back. Due to this, we cannot afford to reliably host and develop Noble Craft into what we envisioned.

The date that the Noble Craft Network will officially be closed one last time will be, as stated before, on January 30th 2017. After that point, the Noble Craft servers will be inaccessible. The IP will then be forwarded to another server that has been running almost as long as us. The upside to this is that nedthefed, Lew_, and I have already been working there for several months, so the only difference in which you will notice is that it will be a different community, a new staff team alongside ours, a new set of rules, and a new name. Anybody that has purchased a rank on Noble Craft will be allowed to receive the equivalent rank on Nemesis Gaming for their Skyblock server, or a future unannounced server that we have planned. There will be more details on this as the time gets closer.

What will be happening with the staff team?

The members of our staff team will come over with us if they decide they would like to. They will start out at Half Mod, which is similar to our Helper rank, but is only given on a specific server. Then, once they are familiar with the ruleset and punishment system, they will be promoted to Global Mod, which is essentially the same as our Moderator rank.

What will be happening with purchases?

Any rank purchase ever made on the servers will be matched with an equivalent rank on Nemesis Gaming. You will be able to choose which server to have this rank applied to, including a future unannounced server. As mentioned above, there will be more details on this as we get closer to the actual date.

What about all the maps from Noble Craft?

Most of our maps, particularly the older servers, will be put up for actual download. You will be able to download them all within the next few days, we just need more time to get them together and archive them.

The Noble Craft Network would not have gotten this far had it not been for the support of you all over the last 5 years. You made this journey worth it. Whether you read this on the day of posting, or a year from now, just know, this was always made for you from our team that made it our lives to do this.

Noble Craft would not have been possible had it not been for the hard work of our talented staff and admin team. I’d personally like to give a huge thanks to those who helped us achieve what we did:

Sardenarin, although we speak every 6-ish months and repeat exactly what we said the previous time about how we need to talk more, you were there where this all began. You were there in that Skype call asking me to give you access to the panel so you could help me improve the flat-world Survival server I was running. Boy, that was one decision I do not regret making. Thank you for helping me shape Noble Craft into what it was, you’ll always be a great friend to me.

nedthefed, even as far back as 2013, you were here trying to create your ridiculous redstone contraptions, particularly that clock on the 1.4.7 Survival server. From your terrible Trial Moderator application to your amazing spreadsheet and mathematical skills, your input and help has been an invaluable asset to this network, even if it never seemed like it. Without you, we would have never been able to balance the servers in such a fair way.

FlyingJent, although we’ve only ever spoken about personal matter enough times to count on one hand, it still doesn’t change the fact that your contributions were just as massive as everyone else. Your ability to build amazing spawns on your own said enough. Survival 2’s spawn being a prime example of your ingenious ability to create unique and functional spawns is a rare thing to come by with any builder. Taking on the role of leading the Build Team on top of this shows your commitment to this server, even if it wasn’t as popular as it used to be.

Lew_, we may have only known each other for over 2 years, but it feels like we’ve known each other far longer. Going from two strangers to great friends and even meeting up in person at Minecon 2015 just goes to show how our server is set apart from most others. The work you’ve put into this server for free is simply mind-blowing. It means a lot that you put so much on the line for the betterment of the server, whether or not all projects worked out we originally hoped. You’re a fantastic developer, and also a terrible teammate on CS:GO, but anyway… Thank you for everything you have done for this server, it has been invaluable for it.

Incomp, it’s funny to think how 2 years ago, I used to hear so much from others about you and seeing you in your TeamSpeak talking to others all the time but never in the same channel as me. Then we finally got to talk because I was looking for another developer. To think how much we’ve gotten to know each other and become good friends, it means a lot, and I hope we can continue being friends going forward. The work you also put into the server is just as invaluable, particularly Lockboxes on Survival 1, and although it never panned out as we hoped, Golden Hearts. You’re yet another fantastic developer, I know you’ve got a bright future ahead in development. Thank you for everything you’ve done.

Zombo_, although you’ve not been around for as long as others, your contributions to the Noble Craft Network have been immensely insightful to bettering the staff team and managing it. Your experience and knowledge has definitely helped in creating a fair environment for both players and staff, and that is all I could ask for. Thank you for being part of this server.

OriginallyGaming, to think how different we were back when we first knew each other. It’s crazy to think that you understand my ideas and motives more than most, and weren’t at all scared to confront me on a problem you had. At first I didn’t like that, but as time went on, I had grown to respect you for that. Not many people were willing to do it, but you were. You understood. Thank you for that, and thank you for all the hard work you’ve put into both the Applications team and also the Forums team since being promoted to Admin. I have immense respect for you.

SilverEthereal, it still feels like yesterday that we decided upon that name. To think that was over 5 months ago is crazy. Although we don’t talk much now, you helped me through the worst of times. You always tried to understand my constant rambling about every topic under the sun, but most of all, you understood my ideology and overall thinking, not many others do. After everything that happened over the last 2 years, even though we don’t talk much anymore, I’m extremely happy that you are moving up in the world, even if I’m not part of it. You were my closest friend, so thank you for everything you did to help me, you did a lot more than you give yourself credit for. Also, that accent.

As much as I would like to go on and on with my own thanks, I would like to give our fellow staff team their voice on this. They’ve put in just as much and deserve it as such.

Staff Personal Statements

Hello staff and members of Noble Craft,

Today is an emotional day for everyone; myself included. Noble Craft has been my home for the entirety of my professional development career. The journey has been up, and down; mainly because we all care and love NC so much. I am truly saddened to see the closure, however I don’t see it as that.

I use to think NC owed me a lot. The amount of time I put into free development, and some freken kick *** plugins is unfathomable (big word for me ik). Some projects, easily worth $1000+. In total, I believe $5000 worth of development was put in by me alone. However, I owe NC a lot more than that in the education and fun it has given me. It took me from being a programming scrub, to someone who has the confidence and ability to tackle any programming challenge and opportunity thrown at me.

I see this as not NC closing, but more of moving home. I have turned down many opportunities from large servers, however this one is just too good to pass for one reason. We can go as a team. I want Noble, Ned, Jent and I to stay as a team. I would not leave if we weren’t staying together. Also, with our staff, who have become my good friends (Except Rost and Freeze as they pun wayyy too much) being allowed to come over also, it's a no brainer!.

It is sad for NC to go, but at the same time I am excited about our future at Neme. NC has got me where I am today, studying computer science and working for a 400 player network. I will be forever grateful to NC. Now let's get this 400 player network to 1000+ players!

Hopeful to see you on the other side,

Lew :)

The three years I've spent on this server have been.. interesting, to say the least. I've started as a Member of the community, moving up to being in the second highest position. I've loved the journey, the friends I've made, and the community. The staff team I have managed to grow from this community are outstanding people, and I would never change being apart of this network if I had the chance to.

I remember when I first joined Noble Craft in the beginning of 2013. It was such a weird experience to see players act like family to each other back then. Everyone knew each other, and everyone was welcome. It was this that kept me playing back then and it kept me motivated to help out to this day.

I've met a lot of awesome people on Noble Craft. Sadly also saw a lot of awesome people go. But that is life.

All good things must come to an end. The end of NC seems like end of a chapter in my life, it's weird seeing how things work out. One day you find a server to play on and 3 and a half years later you're still there

But I'm optimistic about the future, I can't wait to see what will happen with PlotsMC. I really hope we'll have that old NC family feeling, just like before.

See you there,

FlyingJent

When I first started out as helper on Noble Craft I thought I was walking into something easy, I was wrong by a few miles. I had a lot of anger and impatience that stemmed from my inability to cope with certain players or situations that I used towards other players and fellow staff that ricocheted back to me which fueled even more anger in me. I had no idea how to control it, so I went on for a few months with constant urges to just blow up on someone, it was no good. I contacted a staff member that I'm still very close to till this day about it, and he counseled me through everything, taught me how to cope with things, we’d talk mostly everyday. As time went on I learned to take those skills I was given to teach and inspire others that happened to be around, and that eventually got me to administrator and a well known figure among the Noble Craft Network and staff team. My point is that sometimes your problems can shift into something that'll benefit you and help you grow as a person. It's been a wild year and a half for me, but that's okay because a few bumps in the road will lead you to somewhere beautiful. I'll catch you guys later.

- Original

Hello Noble Craft Staff and Players,

It is sad to see Noble Craft close. I've been here the least amount of time as any other Leadership Member, yet I've still grown to love this server. As many of you know, I actually resigned back in the summer, yet I have stayed to help time and time, and was welcomed to by Noble. I know I haven't been the most active of Admins, focusing on working behind the scenes as my role was mostly focusing on the staff team, and not very much ingame. I've tried my best to help improve the staff team, and to eliminate as much BS as possible. The people who know me, know that I don't put up with a lot, and I definitely carried that to the staff team. The staff team will, and always has, been my priority, and I'll be working to help ensure a smooth transition for our staff members. Love you all <3

Personal Notes

Noble - What can I say? We've had our disagreements, plenty of them, but we've always taken the patience to listen to each other and sort them out. You've been an amazing person to work with, and I look forward to keeping contact with you. You've been the one owner who actually cares about the staff. You care about their opinion just as much as you do the administrative team. You've tried to involve the staff as much as possible and really made the definition of what it means to be an Owner.

Nedthefed - Love ya buddy. From our countless life coincidences (*wink*), to working side by side on the staff team, we've really gotten to know each other. You've been a pleasure to work with.

Lew - I may have pissed you off countless times, okay, millions, but have no fear, you won't have to deal with me breaking the server with one command anymore. Let's just say that's my going away gift. But in all seriousness, you're a fearless person who isn't afraid to say what you think. Something that has really made us improve Noble Craft from the inside out.

Incomp - From our countless jokes and pranks on Lew, I think he's going to be glad that I'm gone so maybe it's only a 50% load on him. Keep up the coding, you're going somewhere :)

Jent - Haven't gotten to know you as well as I would have liked to, but I am still glad to have worked with you. I wish you luck.

Original - So..... Like where do I begin? We pranked Sdog multiple times, and boy did he fall for it every time. I only remember the fun time we had together messing with people (while not breaking any rules if noble asks) and just chatting in the staff chats. I'll miss you.

It's been a long ride, since I originally came to Skyblock in 2014. 2 and a half years later, it's sad to say goodbye. It's been wonderful being staff here, and I will miss this server. Noble Craft has left a great impression on me server-wise, and that's not a small feat. Very few servers have left such an impression on me.

I want to thank Noble for having made such an awesome network. You've worked hard for over 5 years, and I'm going to miss this, and I can't say it enough.

I want to thank Lew, Incomp, and even Borlea for having contributed many custom features to the network, from small tweaks, to completely unique gamemodes including Golden Hearts, which I wouldn't mind seeing again, personally.

I would also like to thank PenguinFisher, who was my mentor when I initially became Helper. If it weren't for him, I would not be where I am today.

I'll also miss my helper mate, who sadly ended up resigning, shawnpippin. He was a cool dude, despite not getting to know him for long.

There are many of you I loved to have known, and I will miss you all. Thank you all for providing me with an amazing community.

If you wish to keep up with me, I have Skype(rhghd1) and Steam(freezinater1) if you wish to add me on those. If not, I guess this would be goodbye.

It's been one wild ride, no? But a very enjoyable one, and I'm gonna miss every single one of you. I've thought about quitting many times, but honestly this community is too amazing to leave behind and I've always stuck around for it. The short time I've been around has been amazing. I love spending time with all of you and watching you frolic and go about your work; this is by far one of the most tightly-knit communities I've ever been a part of. I know I'm going to have some of you in my life for many years to come. I love all of you: Staff, Friends, Players, and the trouble makers too (kinda, sorta, not as much); you've all been family. And I'm going to miss you. (Yes, you. Very specifically you. You better keep in touch!)

Hello my lovely ducklings! It's Jess and I want to say goodbye :(. I want you all to know you are amazing. You changed my life. I will miss you all soooo much :( but don't take this as a bad thing, take this as a page turner to the next chapter. I never knew a closing of a minecraft server could bring tears to my eye balls. *virtual hug* *kisses* (I'm really bad at writing these sentimental messages, I tried).

It's been a great time with everyone here on Noble Craft, and I would really love for Noble Craft to still be up. But don't think of it as Noble Craft Dying, It's really anything but dying, think of it as starting a new. Neme is a bit different, with it's player base and it's system, but I'm sure you guys will get to know it and love it. There are a lot of people you probably won't know, but it's always good to make new friends. But a lot of people from Noble craft will also be there. I hope to see all of you there. Love you all <3

Well, this isn't going to be easy to say, at all. So I'm just going to get right down to the point. Leaving NC wasn't going to be an easy transition for all of us anyway, but what the team have planned is something a lot more than you expect. NC had its ups and downs, but let's stay positive, and I'll just mention a few positives. Whenever I join the server, I'm always greeted with such a lovely environment of amazing people with big hopes to turn the server into something more. Helping each other. It's utterly amazing. I know I haven't been on the server for that long, but for the time I have been, I've learnt to develop a love for people for who they are and that really means something to me. You guys have really changed me. You're awesome.
    I don't want things to drag too long, so I'll just leave you with this. I love you all very much, and I hope for you to join the new server. I want us to create some new memories for the memory book and I want us to step forward and stride onwards with that positivity that I know you all have. You guys are worth it all, I love you <3
    - Sparrowe

I want to thank those of you that stuck with us through everything, all of you that supported the server and helping keep us online over the years, and lastly, our fantastic staff team. You know who you all are; Sardenarin, nedthefed, Lew_, Incomp, Zombo_, OriginallyGaming, Freezinater, Stormpye2, KayeKat, Cute_Cottoncandy, Frxsky, IceBarren, rostw, and Jumb0Zero. If you happen to check this thread before Slack, please be sure to read the message I have written in there for you.

Although Noble Craft is going to be no more, we as a team will remain together as we make our transition to the Nemesis Gaming Network. We hope you will also join us.

This has been a life-changing experience, and I couldn’t have asked for anything more. It was worth it.

5 years.

It’s Been an Honour.

• Friendly Friendly x 9
    • Amazing Post Amazing Post x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. CamdenFlame

CamdenFlame Married to my Iphone 7 Noble VIP

100%
    I've had to stop myself from crying couple times. I have only been here for a year and a half, but It feels like just yesterday I joined. I'm so lucky my friend had given me this server IP months ago. I will miss all the memories, from me nagging Katie to get on kitpvp to catch a hacker, to way back when I had lost all my stuff on survival-1 and a mod was oh so gladly to give me some of his stuff. Even to me and a friend making a town in the sky. I will never forget these memories, and most importantly, I will never forget all of you guys. <3

3. Freezinater

Freezinater I make puns. You've been warned. Senior Moderator Quality Assurance Champion

100%
    I don't have more to say than I haven't already said as a personal statement, but hopefully I'll see you all on Neme as well. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. OriginallyGaming

OriginallyGaming Network Staff Administrator Forum Admin Applications Champion

100%
    There's nothing in the vicinity of my thoughts to even explain how much this post effects me. It shows an incandescent future for me, for us. I'd like to take this post as an opportunity to move forward into something we can call extraordinary instead of wetting our pillows with tears.

Everything is temporary.

5. TheNoahcat

TheNoahcat Extremely Active VIP

28%
    First of all, Noble, thank you for giving us all this amazing server to play on, I've have been on here for over 2 years and I've had my ups and downs, but I love this server and I hope to see lots of familiar faces on the new one.

Thanks so much,
    Noah (The guy that asked to get banned)

6. Amanda

Amanda <3 Care for others

100%
    Honestly. I don't play and I honestly hate it. But this really hurts. It's not because I won't be able to get on and play but it's the fact that I have so many memories and friends that have been made on this server. I met wolf for goodness sake. I have grown up with this. I mean y'all know me, the girl who could never get staff, or you might know me as the girl who just doesn't care about much. But y'all I grew up with this. And it kinda sucks I would be able to make it to my four year anniversary in a couple months. And that I won't be able to get on when I get bored. I will miss y'all. I'll never forget the time I got harassed, or the time I told everyone I was 19-26, or when I got into a lot of fights with David. But I also will remember all the times everyone stood up for me. For this is a server where a ton of kids turned into pre teens and pre teens turned into teens and teens turned into adults. And while I might've not said the nicest things lately, I will love you all with all my heart untill I probably turn 18 and forgot about a lot of y'all. But forgetting will be very hard, because y'all have all been such a crucial part of my life. I want to thank y'all for always being with me.
    I love you.
    xoxo
    -call me Sarah

• Amazing Post Amazing Post x 1
  7. Fluffydog360

Fluffydog360 Member

75%
    this is really upsetting to hear, even though I am not on much i really loved Noblecraft. See you on the other side!

8. Necrai

Necrai Head of QA Premium

100%
    Though I wasn't here nearly as long as others, my time on NC was invaluable.
    I loved the network, everything about it from the staff, to the players, to helping run it.
    It's sad to see it go, but change is a beautiful thing.

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  9. hghuy

hghuy Forum Master Noble VIP

100%
    I remember joining in late 2013, being refereed by a friend will never be forgotten. I have had such fun times and I thought it would come to this. I remember going on all the servers. I remember kitpvp the most with skyblock. Seeing this happen is saddening But I'll always remember this and will certainly play on with nemesis pvp. I remember being 8 and joining this. Not knowing tons of minecraft. Yet the community fascinated me. It's so kind and helpful and I was on everyday. I'll miss NC

So there really is no way to save it? Even by cutting the budget greatly?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  10. ibtofu

ibtofu PlotsMC Legend + Infamous Member Noble VIP

100%
    No hate: I'd say I didn't expect it, but like any server, I figured it would happen eventually. There was a decline in players and overall lack of interest from many older players, and im sure the team noticed that. Hopefully I'll be able to catch you guys on Neme sometime soon. Even though I haven't been active here for what, 8-9 months? This saddens me more than any of you would think. Despite all the crap I gave the server, I always admired the team's mindset to keep going through the hard times.

Being here since August 2014, I definitely wasn't here as long as other players. Not by a long shot. But it seems like yesterday that I'd log onto plotsmc, check the tab list, and know everybody. We were a tight community, and I enjoyed every minute of talking in chat and hanging out with everybody. It formed me into the type of player I am today- talking way too much in chat and irritating people (no hate lol).

Good luck everybody.

If you'd like to keep in contact with me, my Skype is kylepokecraft.

11. hghuy

hghuy Forum Master Noble VIP

100%
    For tranferring rank, i dont know how much the value of NobleVIP is. So I don't know how to transfer

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  12. CamdenFlame

CamdenFlame Married to my Iphone 7 Noble VIP

100%
    Transfer I believe would be in currency you spent, not rank you have, but not 100%

13. ibtofu

ibtofu PlotsMC Legend + Infamous Member Noble VIP

100%
    no idea how much i spent lol

edit >$190 usd

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  14. 93naebhsoj(joshbean39)

93naebhsoj(joshbean39) Extremely Active

20%
    I usually only stop by every now and then, but it is sad to see noble-craft go away....but I also realized how small the minecraft community is as a whole, ill defiantly be around nemesis for some of the uhc events (Jan 21st) :)

15. SamIsDes

SamIsDes Well-Known Champion

100%
    :(thanks for the good memories I had here. also I hope the other server is good

• Upvote Upvote x 1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)